Butler County Basketball Officials Association will once again be offering a class to those who are interested in becoming a basketball official.
- September 18 from 6 – 9:30 PM
- September 25 from 6 – 9:30 PM
- October 2 from 6 – 9 PM
- October 9 from 6 – 9 PM
- October 16 from 6 – 9 PM
- October 23 from 6 – 9 PM
- October 30 from 6 – 9 PM
- November 6 from 6 – 9 PM
- Class Scrimmages TBD
- Fairfield High School
About the Class
Our class is designed to teach individuals the fundamentals of basketball officiating. Students will learn National Federation High School (NFHS) rules and mechanics. We will also offer on the court instruction going through proper positioning as well as various situations such as throw-ins, jump balls, free throws, etc.
Each student will be required to
- Attend a minimum of 25 hours of classroom instruction
- Pass the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) test with a minimum of 75%
- Upon completion, any student 18 years old and older will receive a Class-2 license which certifies the individual to officiate all levels of interscholastic basketball games except varsity
- Any student between 17-14 years old will receive a Class-3 license which certifies them to officiate 7-8-9th grade and non-school games
- Every student will be scheduled to officiate a minimum of twelve (12) 8-minute quarters of highly competitive scrimmages (Several veteran high school and college officials will be in attendance to assist and critique the students).
Prior to completing the class and receiving your permit, you are required by the OHSAA and state law in Ohio to complete additional concussion training
To provide every student with the knowledge and understanding of the rules and mechanics to be successful at the entry-level in sports officiating.