November 6, 2017
Introduction: Scott Edmonds . Begin with a moment of Silence for the Church in Texas, the victims and victims’ families. Split the Pot, Next week will draw for the $50 gift card. Hang on to your attendance card
Treasure’s Report: Mike Napier $1357.95
Moments with RJ: What Observers would like to see.
-Don’t be Lazy
– Make sure to put the ball in place in correct spot.
– 28ft box now, keep an eye on it, don’t hover on it. The rule just doesn’t want the coach in front of the Table
– Hustle. If you’re hustling, then no one can really have a problem with the call you make as long as you’re trying and working hard
– Boys and Girls deserve the same respect and attention.
– Technical Fouls. Don’t go looking for it. If you have to do it, do it in the moment it is warranted, don’t wait until it boils up and give it over something small. A soft and kind answer can diffuse the situation. It works.
– Questionable Situations. Feel free to contact a veteran official either after your game, or the next day for help or advice.
Interpretation: Rick Henry State Rules Meeting allows the Migraine Piercing, we don’t need notes for religious garments.
Agenda: Proper Signals, Backcourt Violations on Throw-Ins, Fighting, Technical Fouls
-Proper Signals: When you’re working High School we are supposed to be using Federation Mechanics
-Backcourt Violations on Throw-Ins: Preseason Manual pg 6. Allows a player to airborne on a throw in and cross from backcourt to front court. If the ball is tipped and the same airborne player then touches the ball in the frontcourt, then you have the violation. If you don’t call the violation, you stay out of the hot water than to call it incorrectly.
-Fighting 4-18 A fight is a flagrant act, when the ball is live or dead. Includes but not limited to attempted strikes, kicks, body slams etc. or attempt to instigate a fight (Squaring up). The penalty for fighting is flagrant foul with a disqualification to the offender, we only assess ONE Technical foul to both sides. Bench personnel that comes off the bench: non-participation 1 indirect Tech to coach, fi numbers are same no shots, point of interruption, if numbers off the bench are different, the team that has the fewer technical fouls will shoot (MAX of 2 shots) and a Division Throw In. Talk to your on-site manager to see if they would like to continue the contest. Only person to come off the bench legally is the COACH. Preventative officiating on trash talk.
Don’t forget your ONLINE State Rules Meeting. You have until November 15th, at Midnight to complete the meeting without having to pay a late fee of $50.
Closing: Extra shirts, see logan and Joey. Splint 768402 $24