Introduction: Scott Edmonds
2nd meeting. State Meeting is online until Nov 15th at midnight. Next week handing out the BCBOA gift of Towels. The 4th meeting we will draw for the $50 gift card via the raffle
Split the Pot: Orrie Beckman
Treasure’s Report: NO Change
Rules Interpretation: Rick Henry
- Recent change of running clock, up 35+ point in the second half, will not go “stop and go” until it gets under 30 points. ONLY FOR SECTIONAL GAMES AND BEYOND. For shortening the quarter, both coaches MUST agree.
- Jump Ball- 4-28 putting the ball into play to start the game and each extra period
- Administration 6-3 For any jump ball each jumper should have both feet within that half of restraining circle. Ball is tossed non-jumpers should not move onto the center circle or change position. Toss the ball upward between the jumpers in a plane at right angles. The ball must not be touched by one or both players before the ball reaches its highest point or catch the ball etc.
- Control, Player & Team 4-12 A player is in control of the ball when he/she is holding or dribbling a live ball. There is no player control when, during a jump ball, a jumper catches the ball prior to the ball touching the floor or a non-jumper or during an interrupted dribble. A team is in control of the ball, when a player of the team is in control, while a live ball is being passed among teammates, during an interrupted dribble, when a player of the team has disposal of the ball for a throw-in. The team control continues until, the ball is in flight during a tray or tap, an opponent secures control, the ball becomes dead. While the ball remains live a loose ball always remains in control of the team whose player last had control. A player control foul is a common foul committed by a player while he is in control of the ball or by and airborne shooter. A Team Control Foul is a foul committed by a member of the team that is in control of the ball or by a member of the throw in team. Set the tone, let the teams know you’re paying attention.
- Verticality 4-45 applies to legal guarding position obtained, defender may rise up or jump vertically. Whether on the floor or airborne, the defender cannot clear out. The player with the ball is to be given NO MORE protection or consideration that the defender in judging which player violated the rule.
Closing. Scott Edmonds
Split the Pot Winner: 768349 Jim Gruenwald